Good Morning Chicago DSA,
Unsurprisingly, we don’t have a lot on the calendar for Thanksgiving Week. Hopefully you all can take advantage of this opportunity to spend time with your friends and family, and maybe remind yourselves of why we’re fighting for a better world. It’s not just for us, remember, it’s for everyone.
If I were feeling a little more coherent, I’d try for something inspirational here. Alas, it’s late, and I trust you all get the idea without my having to cudgel my brain into coughing up something more poetic. Remember, though, that our next General Membership Meeting is coming up in two weeks, and that any proposals for that meeting must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday. Please RSVP if you haven’t already.
Keep up the good work, comrades. I’ll see you out there.
- Anthony Clark For Congress Petition Collection – Forest Park; 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM; Counter Coffee Air Roasters, 7324 Madison St.
We’re a small dollar, people-powered campaign fight white supremacy & inequality at their root causes. Join us as at Garfield Park Conservatory, in Horticulture Hall, and let’s get a socialist on the ballot for congress! RSVP here: https://tinyurl.com/AC2020canvass
- Lakeview Rent Control Canvass; 10 AM – noon; Whole Foods Market, 3201 N. Ashland Ave.
Please meet us at the coffee shop on the ground level as we canvass the Lakeview area in support of rent control. Turf assignments and instructions will be given onsite. No experience needed! Meet your neighbors and discuss solutions to all of our rents being too high.
- If you have a proposal for the CDSA Executive Committe, you can use this form to submit it. Please indicate whether you want your proposal to be voted on in person or online, and if you select in person, the proposal must be submitted by the Sunday before the next Executive Committee Meeting.
- The US Healthcare system sucks. That’s not news. But we want to hear from you on exactly why you believe we need Medicare For All. Tell us your story of how insufficient or exploitative or expensive healthcare radicalized you! We will be publishing some stories on Midwest Socialist, so be sure to keep an eye out!
- If you would like to receive our Red Star Bulletin, providing you with news and analysis from all over Chicago, fill out this form.
- The Strike and Solidarity Committee is looking for strike captains! If you’re interested in being a strike captain (no experience required!), fill out this survey about the times and areas where you could help. They have also set up an SMS system to keep people posted about strike and solidarity actions. People that want to get updates should text SOLIDARITY to 55222.
- The Electoral Working Group would like to announce that its endorsement questionnaire is now available! Requests can be sent to [email protected].
- If you are a CDSA member but aren’t on the CDSA Slack Channel yet, and would like to be, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I’ll get you set up with it.
- Grievance Policy. If you ever feel you are being harassed by another member of DSA, or made to feel uncomfortable by a member, or have a conflict with another member, please reach out to [email protected] to get in touch with our chapter’s Harassment and Grievance Officers.
- No Sanctions, No War on Iran Ad Hoc Committee Update: The Ad Hoc committee held an educational at the CDSA general membership meeting on September 29. Thanks to all who attended. We have developed both basic background reading and a more developed reading list on Iran, the history of the development of the Gulf states, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, oil and the geopolitics of oil. You can find these here. Please visit, like and invite others to our Facebook page. We are planning to hold more educational and organizational meetings on a few campuses in the coming weeks. If interested, to find out more, or to work with the committee, contact: Saman at [email protected] and Sophie at [email protected]
Fill out this form immediately if you have CDSA organized/sponsored event you want on the calendar. Submissions must be in by the preceding Friday at the latest to make this email.
Check out the events page on our website for the most up date list of events.
Forward this email to your friends!